Leeds Test Objects’ PIX-13 phantom is designed to be used to check the image quality performance of digital radiography x-ray systems. These tests should be carried out at acceptance to establish a baseline, and on a routine basis, keeping an on-going record of the test results, which will indicate any deterioration in performance.
PIX-13 features the following test details:
- Tube axis direction markings
- Limiting spatial resolution (0.6 – 5.0 LP/mm)
- Low contrast resolution details (6 x 15mm diameter details)
- Dynamic range (7 different thickness Cu steps)
- Unstructured are for placement of dosemeter
- Unstructured area for homogeneity and signal adjustment (centre-marked)
- Cassette size alignment markers (radiopaque)
- X-ray to light field alignment markers (radiopaque)
PIX-13 should be used with either PMMA/Cu or Al attenuator plates (available separately).
The phantom is supplied in a soft protective carry bag.